Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 1 - The new beginning!

Ok, the time came to submit a report about the success of this first day. I must say I was pretty excited this morning and kind of curious about everything going according to a plan. And it did, mostly :)

In a manner of this blog, publishing posts in reverse chronological order, and out of one more reason - a wise friend told me that repeating (in your mind) daily doings in reverse, from evening to morning, will improve your memory and doing it regularly you can be able to remember events easily even years back - I will write about my day from this moment to the moment I woke up.

I just poured myself a glass of fine red wine and still have a half an hour to write this until I go take a bath and prepare for a bed. Last hour and a half I spent updating my photo blog, which I wanted to do for months and you can see the updates here and here.
Before I did that, I Facebooked a bit, checked my email and had a Skype chat with a friend, after I took Munja for a long walk. I didn't have dinner, as I was supposed to, I wasn't hungry - so I guess I'm going to have a sandwich or something after I finish this.

(Must say, this is pretty weird - remembering what I did today in reverse order. It's even harder for me to articulate it as I don't think I've done it ever before. And I just remembered that this is also one of the interrogation techniques: if you want to make sure one is not lying, ask them to repeat what they did - but in reverse chronological order. If they are lying - they will have trouble making it up in reverse.)

Ok, where was I? Oh, yes...

Prior to my time out with the dog, I finally got to read some of the tutorials and tips for better photography and post editing that I bookmarked, but never found time to read them through and think about them. I decided to dedicate this educating hour (and a half) to the web platforms instead of books I have on photography, as I felt more like it. I guess I am kinda hooked onto screen radiation, but hey - at least I'm saving the planet by not printing everything I want to read :) I must say there is a bunch of crap out there, in a sense of artistic quality of indicative examples, but as far as shooting techniques are concerned, there still is a lot I can learn from.

I started browsing the web while having a coffee after an hour of meditation which made me feel fresh and put me in a very good mood. Not that the mood was bad before it, but I sensed the difference. I wander why I didn't meditate more often before? Well, laziness is the answer, I guess.
I decided to go into Vippasana for an hour. I set comfortably in a Lotus position, put my hands with palms faced one to another on my legs and started breathing. After a while, I could feel my torso (together with my head) moving in circles around the vertical axes of my whole body. I could feel the energy between my hands so strongly as if there is a ball, a firm ball between them. At one point, I felt like my arms are merging into one hand and I couldn't sense the physical borders of my extremities and tell where my arms exactly are. I always have the same feeling when I meditate, but this is the first time I am speaking about it. I relaxed so deeply that I almost felt asleep, but my senses were pretty sharp and I lifted up the frequencies of my brain exactly an hour from the beginning of meditation.

Since I finished earlier with my daily job (that I spent mostly doing some technical work for some project), due to some board meeting that I didn't have to attend to (thank God), I went out to an object of my own project and took some photos. As I came home earlier, I took some time to clean the kitchen and put a print on a wall (one more thing I procrastinated to do). After that, I took Munja for a walk and made myself a delicious lunch (I actually just heated yesterdays' lunch that my mom made, but it was delicious anyway).

I have to admit that I didn't wake up at 7am as planned, even though I went to bed earlier last night, but that was because I reeeeealy needed the sleep, since I slept only 3 hours the previous night and didn't take an afternoon nap. I got up at 8, but still managed to get all the things planned - done.

Now, it's 20 to 11 pm and I still want to have that sandwich before bath, so bye bye till tomorrow. Hope it'll be as productive as today :)

Cheers!

No comments: