Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 4 - Like there is no plan, but not a bad day at all

Ok, I suck at this and I admit: IT'S HARD AS HELL TO DISCIPLINE MYSELF! But I got to do some things that keep my dealings move forward so I can't really say I'm dissatisfied.


So, it's ten to nine pm and I spent the last hour networking and chatting with a friend.

Three whole hours before that I spent with a great friend of mine whose company I always enjoy. We had lunch and I wanted to be around while he finished his big art project since I followed it from the start. I took some photos of the process and recorded it with his camera so I was a bit of a use there plus I had some photographic practice. And that was The excuse for not meditating and studying today at the time planed so I kinda felt guilty for not being more consistent with my plan.

Around 4pm I took Munja for a walk, after I came home from work. The job I did today was mostly of technical nature, no brainstorming, creative design or theoretical research whatsoever, so I felt pretty empty there. Before I got to work, I had to do some other things concerning my private work so getting at least some important things done is ok.

I woke up and hour later than I intended to and it was, again, due to the fact that I went to bed late.

As I just read what I wrote - I remembered how I used to spend the first week of the time intended for preparing an exam in my Uni days. I wasn't studying at home but at my mother's office and I used to go there every afternoon and stay until late night with intention of studying, but instead I would read newspapers, play a piano and draw a studying plan. I needed that time to fix my mental energy on the job I had to do, so I guess that is what is going on right now with this project. I know what I have to do and it's hanging above my head.

All I need is more will tomorrow.

UPDATE:

After I posted this, I went with Munja to see my parents and sister and have late dinner. Saw a TV series with my sister and then got back home not feeling much better about the day.
But then I realized that the day is not finished yet and I still have time to meditate, which is exactly what I needed and did. My energies are lighter now and I feel better.

I think that I might have to make a change in the project. Maybe it's not the ritual of doing the same things at the same time according to daily schedule (like in the army) something I need or should force myself to do. Maybe it will be enough to find my own time for doing them during the day (or night) but be sure to DO THEM. Because, I know how much more creative I am while working alone till late at night and as much as I have tried to switch to the daily hours in those endeavors (specially in the morning) I have never managed to be as creative or productive as in the evenings. It was like that during my studies, it was like that during my job with the design studio where I worked before (I worked from noon till 8pm) and it is still like that. I am not even sure I can change that even if I want to. All creative people I know work during the evening and night and I do belong to this category. See, now I feel like working!

Now, the question is: Am I just trying to explain myself for not being consistent or did I just got an insight that can help me be more productive? I know that the key is in everyday work and that is not something I want to sidestep, I just want to make sure I come up with the plan that can actually work. Feel free to share your opinions in comments, I'd like to see them.

Thanx :)








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your scedule is very good,but would u be happy if your life becomes a routine?Maybe u should try to make a plan for a day,in the morning,and in the evening analyze it.

KiviKivi said...

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking! And No, I don't want my life to become a routine, I just thought I needed it for a month at least to make myself work more! So this morning I did just that - made a daily plan for today and in the evening I'll see how I did. Thanx for commenting :)

Anonymous said...

You welcome:)We have the same problems,so,thank u for your idea!

KiviKivi said...

Now you're welcome :) Hope it will help! Good luck :)

Zare said...

Dobro je planirati i biti organizovan, ali je svaka krajnost sama po sebi losa. Nemoj da se "navuces" na planiranje, nekada je dobro i pustiti se niz reku i ugrabiti nesto spontano. Ja nekada samo sednem i opustim se da bih dozvolio da se neke stvari pojave koje bih ja svojim planiranjem mozda u startu eliminisao ili zaboravio da postoje. :) Just saying, keep it rock :)

KiviKivi said...

Videh tvoj komentar Zare tek nakon sto sam napisala poslednji blog. Kao sto vidis, dozvoljavam sebi i spontanost jer znam da ona ume da donese nesto sto planski ne mozes ni da zamislis da ces dobiti. Ne mislim da cu se "navuci" na planiranje, samo mi je u ovom momentu to jako potrebno da bih uopste uspela da izvedem ono sto zelim. U svakim slucaju, keeping it rockin' :)

Zare said...

Super, naravno. Nisam mislio da si fanatik niti da se pravim pametan, vec meni sta je na srcu ja kazem. Pozz :)

KiviKivi said...

Tako i treba :) cheers!